DD: 01279 715665
MOB: 07730 370592
DX: 50405 Bishop's Stortford
Personal Injury, Commercial, Insurance.
Role & Responsibilities
Mindful that litigation should be a last resort, Joanna endeavours to resolve disputes without the need to pursue assessment proceedings; providing clear and practical advice that marries attention to detail and a thorough grasp of the law, with commercial awareness and common sense.
Where assessment proceedings prove to be necessary, Joanna provides timely, strategic, advice in order to protect her client’s position and recover, or failing that contain, the costs of assessment.
In addition to managing her own case-load, Joanna leads a team of experienced costs consultants, comprising both qualified and trainee Costs Lawyers and a Solicitor.
- Costs estimates/budgeting
- Analysis of claims for costs
- Advising on reserves, parameters for settlement and likely recovery on assessment
- Negotiated settlements
- Strategic advice on interim payments, CPR Part 36 offers, obtaining judgement in default and litigation tactics
- Interim hearings
- CPR Part 7 & 8 proceedings
- Preparation of Points of Dispute & Replies
- Oral hearings challenging the outcome of provisional assessments
- Detailed assessment hearings
- Enforcement proceedings.
The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.